Sweet Sunday stroll or fun running route?
On one side, a lovely hilly route through Kongō-ji Temple, Tama Zoo, the railroad museum and Naganuma park for a calm stroll with great views
On the other, an impeccable cycling and pedestrian path along the river, perfect for stretching your legs
Walker or runner, a real urban gem
+ The good
- So much calm and nature you won't believe you are just 40 minutes from Shinjuku
- Plenty of options if you wish to return earlier
- Impeccably maintained throughout
- A lot of variety: riverside, hills, temple, rice paddies, woodland...
- An impressive collection of exotic cars parked under an assuming neighborhood house
- A large supermarket along the way you can buy lunch/snacks from
~ The bad
- One very odd connection bit with an abandoned house and a burned down shed and car. I've been in National Parks that looked less clean and safe, but it's still kinda odd (and unavoidable)